Friday, March 20, 2009

If I Only Knew

If I knew

It would be the last time
That I had see you fall asleep
I would tuck you in more tightly
And pray to lord, your soul to keep.

If I knew

If I knew It would be the last time
I’d hear your voice lifted up in praise
I would video tape each action and word
So I could play them back day after day.

If I knew

If I knew It would be the last time
I could spare an extra minute
To stop and say, “ I LOVE YOU” instead
Of a assuming you would know I do.

If I knew

If I knew It would be the last time
I would be there to share you day
Well I’m _____ you ‘ll have so many more,
So I can let jus this one slip away.

If I knew

For surely there’s always tomorrow,
To make up for an over sight
And we always get a second chance
To make every thing just right

If I knew

There will always be another day
To say “I LOVE YOU” and certainly there’s
Another chance to say our “Anything” I can do?

If I knew

But just in case I might be wrong
and today is all I get
I’d like to say how much I Love you
and I hope we never forget.

If I knew

Tomorrow is not promised to anyone
Young or old alike,
And today may be the last chance
You get to hold your loved one tight.

If I knew

So if you’re waiting for tomorrow
Why not do it today?
For if tomorrow never comes,
You’ll surely regret the day.

If I knew

That you didn’t take that extra time
For a smile a hug, or a kiss
And you were too busy to grant someone,
What turned out to be their one last wish.

If I knew

So hold your loved one’s close today,
And whisper in ,their ear
Tell them how much you love them
And that you’ll always hold them dear

If I knew

Take time to say “ I’m sorry”
“Please forgive me, thank you” or it’s Okay”
and if tomorrow never come
you’ll have no regrets about today

No comments:

Post a Comment